Friday 31 October 2014

My writing

When I talk to people about how to approach writing, the simple answer is "Write". Keep practising and it will get easier and hopefully the results will be more satisfying.

That's what I'm trying to do here. I make no guarantees about the quality of the output; I will consider it a success to get a single decent phrase out once in a while (at which point I should thank Jan for the comment about "blown-ink trees", that one first appeared in my head more than 15 years ago). The chances of getting a whole piece, even if it's as brief as a haiku, that is fully satisfying are pretty remote at this point. Maybe I'll never write something that I'm completely happy with, but if this blog has any function then it is as a place where I can try and keep trying.


Edited 28.11.14 to remove waffle and metaphor/analogy confusion.



No comments:

Post a Comment